I already know these Mexican Inspired Salad Jars will become your new favorite lunch. Prepare these ahead of time and you have lunch ready for six days! Or…serve it over some mixed greens or brown rice, and you’ll have a tasty dinner for two in no time. Isn’t that what we lack most, time? Don’t waste your precious time in the kitchen, prep your meals in advance!
- Chipotle Honey Dressing
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or other liquid sweetener
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- juice of 2 limes
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- Salad ingredients
- 2- 32 oz cans black beans- drained and rinsed
- 1- 10 oz package frozen corn, rinse with hot water to thaw
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 1 small red onion- chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- avocado layer (optional)- 2 avocados, juice ½ lime, ½ jalapeno minced, pinch of sea salt
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide dressing evenly into six quart-sized jars, or other tupperware container.
- Mash together the ingredients for the avocado layer with a fork.
- Layer the salad ingredients in the jars in no specific order, unless you're adding lettuce- add that last. Cover and store in fridge for up to 6 days. You can also serve this over mixed greens, or brown rice to make a meal for two.
Money Saving Tip!
Use the ingredients you have on hand, if you don’t have the ingredients I used in my salad jars, these ingredients would also work:
- bell peppers
- onions- red, white, yellow, or green
- beans- pinto, black, kidney, red, garbanzo, or black eyed peas
- tofu- baked or marinated in some of the dressing
- romaine lettuce
- shredded green cabbage
- shredded kale
- sliced olives- green or black
- cooked quinoa or brown rice
If you try this salad using other ingredients, please share what worked for you in the comments below! I’ll be sure to add them to this list. Thanks!