Experimenting in the kitchen doesn’t have to be complicated, especially if you have a food processor or blender. Blending ingredients together can create big flavors in just a few minutes. I like to make different sauce each week to toss with some veggies and rice for a quick dinner.
This week I made an Easy Chimichurri Sauce which I ate with brown rice, black beans, and avocado. Here are some more quick dinner ideas with Chimichurri sauce:
- Baked sweet potato + black beans + chimichurri sauce
- Brown rice + avocado + chimichurri sauce
- Whole wheat tortilla + smashed cannelloni beans + chimichurri sauce
- Shredded romaine lettuce + pinto beans + avocado + corn + chimichurri sauce
- Vegan fajita strips + whole wheat tortilla + chimichurri sauce
- Coconut oil fried plantains + black beans + chimichurri Sauce
The possibilities are endless and after you taste this sauce, you’ll find the foods and flavor combinations you like best.
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup olive oil
- pinch chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut stems off of the parsley and cilantro, discard the stems, and roughly chop the leaves. Place in food processor with garlic, cumin, red wine vinegar, salt, and chili pepper flakes. Begin processing, stopping to scrap down the sides as needed.
- Continue processing while slowly pouring in the olive oil, stopping to scrap down the sides as needed. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 5 days.