Ranch has always been my favorite dressing. As a kid I’d dip baby carrots in ranch for a “healthy” snack. I still dip carrots in ranch, but now I’ve upgraded to my Vegan Cashew Ranch Dressing.
Instead of mayonnaise or vegannaise, I used cashews as they’re packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Vegannaise isn’t as unhealthy as regular mayonnaise, but cashews are a more whole food, meaning they’re the least processed of the three. If you’ve never experimented with raw cashews before, this is a great recipe to break in with. You simply soak the cashews overnight, then blend them with the rest of the ingredients the next day. You’re left with something you would’ve sworn was made with mayonnaise or vegannaise.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- Cover cashews with an unmeasured amount of water and soak for at least 4 hours. Drain and place in a blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth, then stir in the dill and parsley. Enjoy within 6 days.
I will be posting a recipe for my ranch pasta salad soon…but for now, this was made with rotini pasta, frozen corn, blanched broccoli and carrots, and the ranch dressing. Simple and easy, this is a great dish on a hot day or for a potluck.
This also tasted great on top of a salad, here I made a salad with baby spinach, carrots, tomatoes, and broccoli.